Even though the 3Hats web site can be used for a full general purpose website, it may not have all the features or usability you want (more features will be added in subsequent versions of 3Hats). You may also have an existing site and not wish to migrate it to 3Hats. Given these situations there are three possible ways to integrate a site external to 3Hats with the built in 3Hats site so you can get the benefits of a live job list and application page.
- Match style of external website.
- Use an 'iframe' to insert 3Hats site into external website.
- Use back-end code to load 3Hats website and to pass-thru variables to it.
These options are explained in more detail below.
Match style of external website
With this method you copy the style and layout of your current site into the 3Hats pages you want to use, and have them linked externally from your site so to the user it appears a seamless transition from your main site to the 3Hats site - even though they are on different servers.
Its advisable to register a domain name, so you don't use the more conspicious IP address for links.
- So for example: say your site is http://www.hireme.com
- You register the domain name http://www.hiremejobs.com and point it to your 3Hats server. Now http://www.hiremejobs.com shows your 3Hats public home page and http://www.hiremejobs.com/3hats would allow you to login to your 3hats.
- Now copy the style and layout of http://www.hireme.com onto the 3hats pages you intend to use (say you only want a jobs list and application page - then just style up jobs.tpl and app.tpl).
- Now set any links which you want to show a list of your active jobs to the applicant to point to http://www.hiremejobs.com/jobs.php and set all links back to the home page from http://www.hiremejobs.com to point to http://www.hireme.com.
- Now when the prospective candidate comes to your page at http://www.hireme.com, they see your standard home page. They then click on a link like 'show me all your jobs' and they are taken to the jobs list at http://www.hiremejobs.com. Because the style is the same, the user thinks they are in the same place even though they just went to a different server.
Use An 'iframe'
HTML has a special component called an 'iframe', which creates a window through one page onto another one. There can sometimes be visual issues to solve with iframes, but basically they work quite well.
To use them, insert the following HTML code into your own external web page:
<iframe src="http://your_3Hats_IP/jobs.php" width="100" height="100"></iframe>
And mess around with the display and position until you get it in the right place. Now you should be able to see your 3Hats page through your own current web page. (be sure to replace the 'your_3Hats_IP' with your actual IP address of your 3Hats server)
Now style up the page appropriately through the 3Hats web editor so it looks right when viewed through your website.
This is more involved and requires the assistance of a web programmer. The web programmer loads the page from the 3Hats server and inserts its HTML into your external sites web page. It also passes through any variables to the 3Hats page.
This is a more complicated way of doing an 'iframe' which may lead to better visual results and consistency. Currently the only solution we
offer is the Career centre - at a cost, however If a Back End solution is required, we will need a blue print of the project to evaluate costing
and all the requirements associated with the quote.